Current Job Opportunities
No phone calls please.
The SPCA of Martinsville Henry County is looking for a cheerful, driven, experienced animal care technician with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Do you have a passion for animals and a drive to help people? Can you thrive under pressure and have great time management skills? If that’s you, we need you!
90-day probationary period required. Animal care technicians work directly with the animal and must be comfortable with canines and felines. Shifts are typically 11 hours in length and start at 7am standard days (6am Wellness Clinics) and end approximately 6pm.
Responsibilities include humane treatment and handling of all sheltered animals following established cleaning protocols; handling animal intakes, behavioral observations, medical paperwork, and medical treatments; direct interaction with the public to promote and facilitate animal adoptions.
· Ability to lift and transport materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Comfortable dealing with a wide range of animal and person behaviors and personalities.
· Frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing step ladders, walking, and standing on feet.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 18 years or older.
· Available to work weekends, evening, and holiday shifts as needed REQUIRED.
· Valid Driver’s License.
Salary Range: $9.50-10 per hour based on experience levels.