Economic Hardship and Foreclosure
If you face the possibility of having to surrender your pet due to financial hardship, please check these resources for sources of assistance:
- A state-by-state listing of resources for pet owners on tight budgets can be found on DogChannel.com
- How to Find, Keep & Enjoy a Pet-Friendly Rental (from FIREPAW)
- Online Resources for Finding Pet-Friendly Rentals (from PETA)
- Find Pet-Friendly Rentals across the United States (from My Apartment Map)
If you are facing foreclosure, please see the helpful resources about foreclosure provided by the American Humane Association.
If you can’t afford to feed your pets properly:
- Contact your local animal shelter, humane society, or SPCA. Oftentimes, these organizations are able to help provide pet food to families in need
- Contact your local food bank or food pantry. Many food assistance programs for people will also provide pet food.
- Be sure to check the PETCO Foundation Food Bank Program listings. At the bottom of the page, click on your state to see a list of organizations receiving donated food from the PETCO stores.